I toyed with letting V Day slide on by this year, but naaah – couldn’t do it. I’m too much of a ridiculous romantic. So I’m sharing with you some of the cool Valentine’s Day cards I keep stumbling across online. Etsy is going off this year! It may be too late to order some of these, but you’ll find cool cards at Typo, Kikki K, Papyrus and Paperless Post (let me know if you’ve seen any other online stores doing great cards and I’ll add a mention here).
1. I Love You To The Moon And Back egg. It’s literally a painted egg with a message inside – more in my Pinterest gift guide. A cool alternative to your typical greeting card. From Etsy’s Little Okins store.
2. I Am So Glad You Asked For My Number. Haven’t been dating long? A card that’s low on pressure but makes your feelings clear. From Etsy’s KatieVaz store.
3. I Know Being Single On Valentine’s Day Can Suck… This card says it all really! From Etsy’s EmilyMcDowellDraws store.
4. My Love Pie Chart. Perfect if you love someone more than kittens, free money or those overwater bungalows in Tahiti. From Etsys EmilyMcDowellDraws store.
5. You’re All That And A Bag Of Chips. A non-cutesy option for cynics who secretly like to celebrate. From Etsy’s HelloSmallWorld store.
6. You Make Me One Happy Mofo. Anything that gets me laughing when I open the envelope is a winner, from Etsy’s JulieAnnArt store.
7. I Know We’re Not, Like, Together Or Anything… The most awesome card to give to a crush. This one’s also from Etsy’s EmilyMcDowellDraws store.
8. 10 Things I Love About You. Kind of like an Advent Calendar for Valentine’s Day. You write your sweet nothings on the separate sheet provided and your lover opens the card’s windows to read your words. From KikkiK.
9. Just In Case You Were Wondering I Totally Love You. Simple, cute. From Etsy’s hairbrainedschemes store.
Honourable mentions also go to this letterpress card for Internet fans, and, well, I’m a sucker for anything with a venn diagram, like this cheeky number. What’s your favourite? Are you planning to give your main squeeze a card this year?